1. GDPR: We have appointed a GDPR controller to make sure all processes are followed adequately and in accordance with the law. Please contact Maria Alice Stock, at email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy or about how your data is collected and stored.
2. Data we collect and why: We collect certain information about the visitors of this website. Read below to learn what data we collect and how we use it.
b. Mailing list: When you sign up to join our newsletter or download a free file from our website, we will ask you for some personal information, such as your name and email address. We will use this, in combination with data obtained through your site usage, to deliver you content which we believe will best suit your interests. You are free to unsubscribe from those communications at any point by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of our every email. You are also free to not submit that data to us. We will ask for your consent at the time of signing up to our mailing list.
3. Third countries and international companies: Some of the systems we use to process your data are managed by international companies. We have reviewed those companies’ safeguarding processes and believe they have demonstrated sufficient duty of care in handling private data and compliance with GDPR. These are the organisations which have access to your data:
a. Google Analytics: When someone visits this website, we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify individual users. You can find Google’s Privacy statement and GDPR statement here and here.
4. Data Storage: We store your personal data to analyse site usage, such as how many visitors we receive and how much time they spend on the site for a period of 24 months. We store your personal information required for email communication indefinitely, unless you request we remove you from the list. Occasionally, we make sure you’re still happy to receive our newsletter by sending you a message if you’ve not opened any of our emails in more than 3 months. If you don’t open that email, we will remove you and all your data from our mailing list.
5. Your right to withdraw consent: We will never store your personal data against your express wish. If you’d like to be removed from our mailing list, please use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our emails or contact our Controller directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . Under GDPR, you have the right to be ‘forgotten’ - for all your personal data to be removed. If you wish to execute that right, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Automated decision-making: We use automated decision-making processes to decide which emails you receive from us. Based on the type of content you’ve expressed interest in, we will send you communications which are intended to best suit those interests. So, for example, if you’ve signed up to take part in one of our networking cafés and opted in to receive future communications from us, we will send you more emails related to networking and our events. You have the right to amend this information or to unsubscribe from all our emails by emailing our firstname.lastname@example.org